Hey guys, Melissa here, if you’re a parent of young kids you’ve heard the phrase “Just wait until they’re teenagers!” That saying is always been something that makes me pause and think. I get that most of the time this comment is made in good fun, but as you know, we take the language we use with our family seriously. Sayings like this makes it feel like we’re setting our kids up for failure before they’ve even had a chance to begin.
In today’s episode, we talk with Christi Davis a coach specializing in helping parents raise teenagers. Christi is a mom of seven, a certified life coach, and a public speaker, she has not only helped numerous parents walk through the constantly changing world of teenagers but has navigated it and put these practices to the test.
We talk about how our roles as mothers change as our kids grow older, how you can support them while they find their independence, creating a safe space for your teenager to ask questions, and even how you can find peace and calm in the midst of what feels like crisis.
Christi has some amazing insight on what defines a successful parent and how you can keep a connection with your teenager even when it seems they are determined to go against everything you say.
With one of our kids becoming a pre-teen I’m finding that I may just have to tweak some stuff so I can instill confidence and security as he starts to navigate the world. I hope you find encouragement and understanding to do what’s right for your family, and each individual kid.
For more resources or coaching you can check out Christi’s awesome links below!
More of What We Talk About:
- The challenge of transitioning through stages of motherhood
- When you should move from coach to cheerleader
- Understanding trial and error with teenagers
- What a successful parent actually looks like
- Staying out of the trap of “failing” as a parent
- Practicing unconditional love
- How you can support a teenager who is finding themself
- Creating a safe place for your teenagers to ask questions
- Managing your own fears to instill confidence in your teenager
- Finding peace and calm through stressful situations
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What to expect today
- 1:50 Welcome Christi
- 4:20 Transitioning into a different phase of parenting
- 5:42 What every soon-to-be parent needs to know
- 8:56 Parenting advice from Finding Nemo
- 12:08 How to gauge if you are a good parent
- 16:11 Loving your kids despite the decision they make
- 17:12 Tweaking your family culture as your kids grow
- 20:15 What to do when your kids start to question their identity
- 22:47 How to remain a safe space for your kids
- 27:45 Parenting from peace
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
YOU REALLY CAN HAVE THE FAMILY OF YOUR DREAMS.
Join our community to discover how simple it is to create more love, joy and connection in your home with your family.