When Your Baby Goes to Kindergarten…￼
Welcome back to another episode of the Family Brand Podcast! Melissa here, for a solo cast.
If I am being honest, I have put this episode off for a while…
I’ve known in the back of my mind that this conversation was going to be important for many of you listening but I knew it would make me a bit emotional. You see, we just closed an amazing chapter in the Smith house and are bravely stepping into uncharted territory.
Our baby girl is off to Kindergarten. That means, for the first time in 15 years I have no little ones in the house and my “mom life” looks COMPLETELY different.
Whether your kids are young or out of the house, getting married, going off to college, job hunting or learning how to walk, transition seasons can be hard for us parents. I’ve spent weeks journaling and thoughtfully reflecting on our time raising our littles.
The time of reflecting has really given me a new level of thankfulness and perspective. In this episode, I want to share with you the page out of my journal that perfectly encapsulates my thoughts and feelings about this season. It’s raw and authentic and I am excited to let you in on the process.
I hope that this episode gives you language to the feelings you may be going through, remind you that the best is yet to come, and to be the first (or maybe only) person to say “GOOD JOB!” on finishing the last season strong.
For more free resources and to start creating your own Family Brand, follow the links below! Have thoughts or feedback on this episode? Swipe up to find our social media links too!
More Of What’s Inside:
- How I used busy work to avoid my feelings
- The ups and downs of the last season
- What Mom’s really need to hear
- Our time homeschooling
- Don’t lose your identity
- Every season has its own beauty
- My advice for parents in transitions
- Why it’s important to start dreaming about the future
- And much more!
Links From This Episode:
- Link to Instagram Post: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChnL9OiPNbd/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:52 Why I’ve been putting off this episode…
- 4:27 An honest page out of Mellissa’s journal
- 6:34 Advice for when your baby goes to Kindergarten
- 9:08 Why it’s important to be still and process
- 12:13 One book all moms should read during this season
- 15:14 A quote that will refresh your soul
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!