Hey guys, Chris and Melissa here!
Recently, we posted on Instagram about how our 4th anniversary was almost our last, if you’ve listened to Family Brand for a while you know that there was a point in our marriage where we almost gave it all up and were considering divorce. After that post, we were surprised by how many reached out to us because they are in a similar situation. Messages like “How did you go from the brink of divorce to where you are 12 years later with a thriving marriage?” came flooding in.
We have heard similar questions over the years since coming out of that dark season but we feel like we never really give a great answer. Frankly, it’s just too big of a question. The reason being, we feel like people are looking for one or two actionable takeaways as an answer, and it’s just not possible to save a marriage with a step-by-step checklist.
However, there are practical keys and wisdom we gained after walking out that season and making it to the other side. That’s why today we have a raw and honest conversation about why your marriage is worth fighting for.
We know that everyone and every marriage is different, but after our own struggle and personal marriage journey, we believe that this conversation will give you everything you need to start the process of not only saving your marriage but to become a stronger, and happier family in all. Listen in as we talk about how we began the process of saving our marriage and the faith that helped us take it one step at a time.
We aren’t going to sugar coat it and make it seem like its an easy thing to do, this will take a lot of mindset changes, surrounding yourself with encouragement and truth, and trying every last option you have, but we also want you to know that there is a third option to stay, work on your marriage, and be happy.
You are stronger than you think, and you can decide to stand up for your marriage, your family, and your kids.
Disclaimer: This is a very direct conversation and this episode may not be exactly what you want to hear if you are in this scenario. However, this is the podcast and conversation we wish we had in that season… We ask you to give it a try and make a stand for your marriage today.
More of What We Talk About:
- Being careful with your words and your perspective
- Why you should surround yourself with people who speak life
- How Melissa kept herself hopeful
- The one question you need to ask yourself to save your marriage
- Understanding why the numbers are important
- Allowing yourself to find the third option
- Why your happiness doesn’t depend on outside factors
- The mindset shifts we took to help heal our marriage
- Finding a counselor that is pro-marriage
- The importance of patience when working through this
- Tragedy vs. hell
- Why we don’t take our marriage for granted
- And much more!
- Book: Go Giver
- Article: Why Divorce is often not the best option
- Article: Does Divorce Make People Happier?
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 2:40 We aren’t going to sugar anything today
- 7:02 One of the most courageous things we can do
- 8:04 Be careful who you confide in
- 14:03 The importance of faith in hard times
- 20:51 The grass is greener where you water it
- 26:49 Our best advice for smuggling marriages
- 27:30 What Chris learned from his grandparent’s divorce
- 30:57 Breaking out of your patterns
- 33:03 What to look for in a councilor
- 36:34 If you give it everything you have, it’s going to work out.
- 39:17 The importance of patience
- 43:13 The pygmalion effect
- 46:21 Some of the best marriage advice we have gotten
- 48:19 Our final word of encouragement
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
YOU REALLY CAN HAVE THE FAMILY OF YOUR DREAMS.
Join our community to discover how simple it is to create more love, joy and connection in your home with your family.