10 Things I’ve Learned As A New Real Estate Investor
“You are not buying a house, you are buying a lifestyle.” – Anonymous
Welcome back to another episode of the Family Brand Podcast! Melissa here coming at you from a closet in Mexico. LOL! Why am I in a closet, you may ask? Because we are on family vacation trying to catch a few waves and surf before the school year starts again. I decided to break away for a little while and record this episode because so many of you have Real Estate on the mind.
Back on episode 14, titled “How To Start Building Your Legacy With Real Estate,” I interviewed my amazing mentor and Real Estate Expert, Deb Cleveland. Deb added so much value in that conversation that I recommend listening (or relistening) to that episode if you are totally new to all things Real Estate! Check out the links below to skip to that episode.
On today’s show, I decided to do a sequel to that episode and share the 10 things I’ve learned during my time in Real Estate. I’ll be the first to admit, I don’t know everything about the industry, and I am still learning new things every day. However, these 10 things will save you a lot of time and energy, plus they will help you gain confidence to try it out for yourself.
If you don’t have any interest in buying homes or land and you think Real Estate isn’t for you, I still want to encourage you to listen to this episode until the end. The reason I started this journey in the first place is because I knew I needed a change, and I needed to find something to do that brings me to life.
Do you have something that brings you to life?
If not, you are not alone. Most parents don’t have a creative outlet, or something they can work towards that brings them happiness. If that sounds like you, I want to share a little bit of my journey with you and give you a few questions you can ask yourself today that could help.
More Of What’s Inside:
- One tip every new Real Estate investor should know
- Why we are committed to surfing
- How I got into Real Estate
- Lessons from my mentor
- The importance of having a creative outlet
- It’s okay to be new at something
- It’s okay to make mistakes
- How it feels when you sign your first property
- And much more!
- Family Brand Episode 14: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2PaQa7muGTf9QcmxnTGptY?si=5qc_u8CrQGqtaIq7y6EEOg
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 1:20 How the Smiths are spending Summer
- 2:00 An update on Melissa’s Real Estate journey
- 10:22 Why you need to know what you want
- 14:00 Don’t be afraid to talk to people
- 15:24 Find a way to creatively finance
- 17:56 Why it’s important to “date” your contractors
- 19:34 Trust your gut, and don’t be afraid of making a mistake
- 24:55 How clarity makes the project go easier
- 30:28 It’s okay to be a little scared along the way
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcasts!
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!