You Matter. Do You Know it? Do Your Kids Know It?
YOU MATTER! Every part of your life has purpose and you’re designed to make an impact.
Was that hard to hear? Or maybe you didn’t even read it. Either way, read that first sentence again and let those words sink in. By now, the voice in your head is probably telling you that it can’t be true.
Thoughts like this may be racing through your mind –
I am not enough
I am never going to be enough
Chris and Melissa don’t even know me
If I only had *insert thing* I would matter, etc
If this *insert moment* never happened, everything would be fine…
No one truly sees me or understands me
At one time or another, we have all struggled with thoughts like this. That’s why we think it’s sooo important to break through the lies and limiting beliefs that may creep into our lives so we can authentically show our kids how much they matter in this world.
It’s easy to put on our “coach hat” and challenge our kids by holding them to a higher standard. That style of parenting is needed to raise strong families, but it’s not the ONLY style we should be using to create a family of strong individuals. In this episode, we are going to share how we create a culture of honor in the Smith family and why we go out of our way to make each kid feel important and equip them with a sense of knowing they matter.
This episode isn’t a quick checklist or a practical parenting hack but it’s definitely a conversation you don’t want to skip over. However, if you want to get the full value out of this show, we have to warn you. This is something that takes vulnerability, honesty, and consistency to really start seeing your kids believe it for themselves. But we got your back!
If you already feel awkward about saying the words “you matter” to your kids or loved ones, that’s okay. For many people, it’s hard to start speaking identity over people and calling out the greatness in everyone! Hit play to hear how we do this with our kids and the easiest way to get started.
If you enjoy this episode, please share it with your friends! The more we can help people truly understand how much they matter, the more we can change the world one family at a time. For more free resources to help you build your Family Brand, check out the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- The biggest lies young people believe
- Why this message matters now more than ever
- How we let our oldest son know he matters
- The common mindset among those who have passed away
- Why it can get scary if you believe you don’t matter
- What your past can teach you about the future
- The fine line of helping those who are struggling
- And much more!
- Family Brand Episode 68: https://familybrand.com/an-essential-ingredient-for-family-culture-the-high-challenge-and-high-support-matrix/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 2:17 Why it’s important to let others know they matter
- 5:40 A simple way to tell your kids they matter
- 9:14 Never underestimate the culture of comparison
- 11:57 What Chris has learned through loss
- 14:32 What do you do when you see someone struggling?
- 15:30 What happens when people believe in themselves
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcasts!
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!