90. The Power Of Acknowledging People
Imagine yourself walking on stage accepting an award that symbolizes all your hard work paid off…
You look out to the crowd and all your loved ones are there cheering you on…
You smile at them, beaming with pride as they start a slow clap…
Suddenly, one by one the crowd starts to join in and the claps lead to a thundering roar of people cheering and chanting your name!
You have to admit, that would be a pretty episode right?
The truth is, all humans are greatly motivated by achieving great things and being acknowledged for doing those things. In the Smith house, we try to be intentional about creating a culture of recognition where everyone feels seen and celebrated for doing different things.
In this episode, we share that we have practically been acknowledging individuals in both our family and in business. This topic and idea are not complex or difficult, but it is an easy habit to get out of. It’s human nature to notice one thing go wrong or bad, even though the last 100 things went super well.
Just think of the last time someone gave you a compliment or said something encouraging like “job well done.” How did you feel? Probably be pretty great if the other person was being genuine. The power of acknowledging another person can not be overstated or exaggerated.
Be sure to listen to the end because we close with one powerful action step you and your family need to take this week. If you choose to accept the challenge, we can almost GUARANTEE it will change the culture in your house! Find out what it is and more when you hit play!
More Of What’s Inside:
- Creating a family culture takes intentionality
- How to motivate anyone in the world
- An update on how “name calling” is going in our house
- How Chris has seen this dynamic play out at work
- How to acknowledge others daily
- These little things can lead to big changes
- The real ROI on acknowledging others
- Why we give our kids awards for courage
- And much more!
Links From This Episode:
Book- Greg McKeown “Essentialism”
Book- Ed Mylett -“The Power of One More”
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:47 The two motivators for all humans
- 1:24 Why we should be generous with acknowledgment
- 4:13 A hard truth of life
- 6:38 Practical examples of giving acknowledgment
- 12:38 Your family challenge this week
Don’t Know where to start? Start here!
There are many ways you can take back your family, but one of the best ways to begin is to TAKE BACK YOUR FAMILY’S TIME.
A huge challenge facing families today is the overwhelm of so many things demanding our time and attention. This complete guide will help you discover and decide what is most important and meaningful to your family, and then start living that way!