Finding Happiness By Practicing Gratitude
Welcome back to another Family Brand podcast! Chris and Melissa here, and today we want to unpack a seemly simple yet profound principle of life. That principle, or as some might call “the key to happiness” is gratitude. We believe that gratitude is the fastest and most effective way to step into the abundance mindset and kick the feeling of lack once and for all.
You may be thinking “wait, I don’t have time to stop and smell the roses or anything woo-woo” We get it, it can be easy to get caught up in day-to-day stressors like school, cleaning, businesses, and every other thing on the do-to list. However, we have found firsthand that practicing gratitude in practical ways has been a huge help in these areas to not only be more productive but has helped us maintain peace throughout the day. (not only for us but for our kids as well.)
Join us as we discuss the different ways we’ve practiced gratitude, and how stepping away from materialism has helped us find a new appreciation for everything else in our lives. We talk about the importance of practicing and how the more you do something the more natural it becomes. Waking up grateful for your life is not something that can be attained by outside means. It all comes from within and we believe that if we can do it so can you!
Challenge this week: We want to encourage you to find time every day this week to think of all the things you’re grateful for. Whether you write them down, say them out loud, or just ponder them, these little steps will have you moving towards the life you’ve always wanted. Be sure to listen to the end to hear more about our challenge for you and your family this week.
More of What We Talk About:
- How you can bring focus to your week
- The constant awareness of lack
- Working with a gratitude journal
- Why you should look for things to be grateful for
- The refreshing step away from materialism
- Practicing gratitude in the morning
- Finding crucial things to be grateful for
- A great antidote for comparison
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:51 – Our current adventure
- 1:47 – Having a focus for the week
- 3:57 – Using a gratitude journal
- 7:27 – Why humans are constantly comparing themselves
- 8:28 – The impact of a small town
- 12:30 – Tying it into gratitude
- 14:44 – Why gratitude is powerful
- 15:27 – Your challenge and how to conquer it
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
Don’t Know where to start? Start here!
There are many ways you can take back your family, but one of the best ways to begin is to TAKE BACK YOUR FAMILY’S TIME.
A huge challenge facing families today is the overwhelm of so many things demanding our time and attention. This complete guide will help you discover and decide what is most important and meaningful to your family, and then start living that way!