Free and Simple Ways To Make Summer Memories￼
Welcome back to another episode of the Family Brand Podcast! Chris and Melissa here, and for the most part, we love the Summer. For us, it’s more carefree, there’s less schedule, you don’t usually have to be places at certain times in the morning, the list goes on. We thought we would record a check-in episode to let you know how our Summer is going, and what our weeks with the kids look like!
One of the reasons we take Summers seriously is because, for us, we don’t have a ton of memories of growing up on family vacations or big trips. The things we remember from our childhood are the small moments. We think sometimes we put this unnecessary pressure on ourselves as parents. Some preach the season as if it has to be fun, over-the-top amazing, and every second of the day should be focused on entertaining our kids. However, we have found the same feelings we had as kids are still true today. Little fun things around your town and creating experiences and memories is what they’ll remember the most about their Summers growing up.
You may be thinking, but what if I don’t have a lot of extra time or money? Don’t worry we got you covered! Hit play to hear how we design every day during the Summer around a quick, simple, and FREE activity for our kids that is fun for every age. The best part? These ideas are also overwhelmingly free. We know how fast things can start to stack up and all of a sudden your day is run by your kid’s schedule and activities. That’s why we also want to let you in on why let our kids get “bored” and why we think it’s one of the best Summer gifts you can give them.
It’s the sad truth we only have 18 Summers with our kids. As our oldest gets ready to start high school this fall, this reality is hitting us harder than ever. We hope you take the ideas in the episode and make them your own! Even if none of them work for this season for your family, we hope that you take the time to dream up intentional ways to make your Summer a lasting memory for you and your kids. For more free resources and tips, check out the list below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- Why you should create a go-to activity list
- The power of letting your kids entertain themselves
- The 5 activities we do together as a family
- Why Summers feel so special
- What we want our kids to get out of Summer
- How to make all 18 Summers great
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:52 It’s Summer check-in time!
- 1:42 Why it’s okay for your kids to be bored
- 3:30 Creating a list of things to do
- 6:27 What our Summer weeks look like
- 9:39 How to still have freedom with structure
- 11:14 You only have 18 Summers to make memories
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcasts!
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!