How Every Couple Can Level Up Their Marriage￼
Every marriage and every season of marriage is going to be different for everyone. For some, you and your spouse could be doing great, and everything from the bedroom to communication is fine. Others may find themselves in a season of feeling hopeless and ready to throw in the towel on the whole relationship. We have experienced both ends of the spectrum!
If you have been listening to the show for a while, you know that we went through a season where our marriage wasn’t just rocky, it was terrible for both of us. Fast forward to today, and we are happier than we have ever been. This transformational journey was crazy, healing, hard, and full of lessons. After coming out the other side of our darkest days, people often ask us how we did it.
We sat down and put some thought into it and came up with a few things that moved the needle forward the most during this journey. We probably could take many episodes about this topic, but we think these tips are the best for any couple who wants to level up their marriage! (Even if it’s already going awesome) Here is a little peek into this episode!
What you focus on is what grows:
It’s a hard pill to swallow, but it’s the truth! If all you focus on is how bad your marriage sucks…it’s going to keep sucking. We used to only focus on the negative stuff in our relationship and never tried to talk to each other about what we did want and how we could change things.
You are responsible for your own happiness:
When we first got married, we tried to rely on each other to make one another happy. This was a bad plan. We believe at the Family Brand that powerful families are made of powerful individuals. That takes each person taking responsibility for their own health and happiness.
Talk to each other in uplifting ways:
They say the power of life and death is in the tongue. You can see this principle play out firsthand in your own marriage! If you think talking down to each other and constantly focusing on the negative is going to up-level your marriage, you are setting yourself up for failure. Hit play to hear how to start bringing life back to your relationship!
These are just a few examples of what we cover today. We hope that you finish the episode to hear more! More importantly, we hope you take these ideas and start applying them to your own marriage. For more free resources and things that can help you level up your whole family, check the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- Mistakes we made in marriage
- What led us to the brink of divorce
- What we want every couple to know
- You have to make the decision to be married
- Steps you can take today to upgrade your marriage
- What “listenings” are and why they matter
- What it takes to become a healthy individual
- And much more!
- The “Go-Giver” by Bob Burg: https://www.amazon.com/Go-Giver-Expanded-Little-Powerful-Business-ebook/dp/B00YBBKLKS/ref=sr_1_1?crid=367WD30X1P55J&keywords=the+go+giver+book&qid=1655300244&s=books&sprefix=the+go+%2Cstripbooks%2C143&sr=1-1
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:54 How we turned our marriage around
- 4:48 The definition of a whole family
- 7:35 Identifying your “listenings”
- 12:19 The importance of not keeping score
- 14:36 Have you decided to be married?
- 16:43 How do you talk about/to your spouse?
- 19:58 You have to be committed and never give up
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcasts!
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!