Saying Goodbye To Hawaii
Hey everyone! Chris and Melissa here with another Family Brand Podcast. By the time you are listening to this, chances are our family has officially moved from Hawaii back to the mainland. If we are being honest, it hasn’t been an easy decision to move home. All of us are going to miss the views, experiences, and adventures we have been able to have here. Not to mention, leaving the incredible community we’ve made here has been nothing short of a tear-jerker.
It was almost too hard to leave, but sometimes the greatest adventures start when other doors close.
Today we wanted to take a minute and share our gratitude for the magic we’ve experienced while living in Hawaii and why we’re moving on to our next big adventure.
One of our big values is to answer the call of adventure, we want to look back at our lives and not be disappointed by the opportunities we didn’t take. With that comes a big responsibility to listen when adventure calls, even if where we are has been a dream. Listen in as we talk about the moment when we both felt a stirring that pointed us in the direction of a small town in Arizona. Like we said before this decision wasn’t made lightly, and on paper, the decision doesn’t make sense.
However, the magic of dreams is that the opportunities presented don’t always make sense. We talk about how we really dug deep and discerned the difference between our hearts and heads, and how leaning into our hearts opened up the possibility for new a season and faith that God has us no matter what. We will be endlessly thankful for all the impact God has done through us and everything we have learned from Hawaii. Our hope is that we can come back to visit whenever we can, but for now, the calling has pulled us back to Chris’ hometown and we cannot wait to see what God has in store for us.
We hope this episode encourages you to answer that call as well. It has nothing to do with location, and everything to do with what you want and what’s best for you and your family. To connect with us, check out our Instagram below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- The lessons we learned from our time in Hawaii
- Finding gratitude in the hard decisions
- Continuing to answer the call of adventure
- The moment we found our new home
- How God has used us in Hawaii
- Being open to the opportunities that open to you
- Discerning between your head and your heart (Even if it isn’t logical)
- Looking forward to a small town experience
- Having faith that God knows what’s best for us
- Finding the magic no matter where you are
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 – What we cover today!
- 0:43 – Saying goodbye to Hawaii
- 3:18 – Answering the call of adventure
- 7:26 – How we found our next destination
- 10:43 – Trusting the decision we made
- 14:00 – Getting confirmation on moving away
- 19:01 – Heading to our next season with hope
- 20:57 – Why we don’t regret living in Hawaii
- 23:49 – Leaning into the opportunities that don’t make sense
- 26:48 – Closing thoughts
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START? START HERE!
There are many ways you can take back your family, but one of the best ways to begin is to TAKE BACK YOUR FAMILY’S TIME.
A huge challenge facing families today is the overwhelm of so many things demanding our time and attention. This complete guide will help you discover and decide what is most important and meaningful to your family, and then start living that way!