Structure Creates Freedom, Especially in a Family
There is nothing like getting a workout AND listening to a great podcast. It’s like an exercise for your body and mind at the same time and it’s one of our favorite ways to start the day.
The morning of this recording we hit the gym and listened to a powerful conversation with the one and only Jocko Willink. Obviously, that sparked up the conversation of discipline and what freedom really looks like.
If you don’t know who Jocko Willink is, let us introduce him really fast. His given name is John Gretton and picked up the nickname “Jocko” during his time as a United States Navy officer where he served in the Navy SEALs and is a former member of SEAL Team 3.
Not only is he an American hero, but he is a master of discipline and doing what it takes to be free. His type of mentality is not reserved for the high performers or elite operatives of our time. It’s a mindset we believe every family and parent could benefit from if they give it a try.
Welcome back to another episode of the Family Brand Podcast! Hit play to hear our thoughts and personal journeys so far with discipline and staying in a highly-productive family schedule. This is one of those topics we could go back to over and over again and always have something new to say.
That’s why we encourage you to listen with a pen and paper or open up a fresh notepad on your smartphone! Be listening for one action step you can take today. Also, If you want to create your own Family Brand and Values, head to: familybrand.com now!
More Of What’s Inside:
- Discipline and feelings shouldn’t
- A powerful lesson we love about our boys t-shirt business
- One of the most important areas to have discipline about
- The real ROI on investments
- Why anyone can learn the skill of discipline
- What creates freedom in your family life
- How to know when it’s time to add more discipline in your life
- And much more!
Links For This Episode:
Kids Book Mentioned:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 1:42 How our whole family can be more disabled
- 2:10 What’s the story you tell yourself about
- 4:30 How to future pace yourself
- 6:53 What freedom really looks like
- 10:36 How Mellissa approaches scheduling
- 13:15 The importance of family agreements
- 16:14 You may be braver than you think
- 19:00 A huge goal Chris has hit this year
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!