The 6 Things Every Strong Family Needs
“Nothing in the world could make human life happier than to greatly increase the number of strong families.” – David R. Mace
Hey guys! Chris and Melissa here, we’ve known that it’s time to refresh some of our courses and with that of course means a lot of research but it got us thinking. What needs refreshing in our family’s life?
Today we have an open discussion on the impact that families have on society, and on the world as a whole and how we can make an impact by growing and raising truly strong individuals within a family. An exhaustive study done by the University of Nebraska was watched over 35 years, 24,000 family members, from all 50 states as well as 34 different countries noted 6 “strengths” that all strong families tended to follow. As huge as this study is, we knew this is something that we couldn’t ignore within our own family and we believe that it could help yours as well.
We talk about the 6 strengths of the study and how each plays a pivotal role in strengthening not just your whole family but each individual member within it. Listen in as we cover these topics and others like the importance of everyone making a commitment to the family, having open and real communication, how kids view love and time, and even making decisions for the family together. We can’t wait to start using this within our family and even plan an area that we are going to work on this week!
Join us as we talk about the challenges and commitments we plan on making for our family and how you can as well. We know this can be overwhelming so we invite you to choose just one area that your family might need right now and to go after it, and know that anything you do to create a space for you and your kids to thrive is truly amazing!
To connect with us for community and support or to check out some resources we mentioned in today’s episode check out the links below!
Chris and Melissa
More of What We Talk About:
- What having a strong family means to us
- How families make a difference in the world
- 6 characteristics of a strong family
- The importance of committing fully to your family
- Creating space for honest communication
- How kids experience love
- Growing your kid’s intuition through meditation
- Deciding what works for your family together
- Evaluating your family through a lens of growing
- Choosing one area to work on at a time
- What we will be working on this week and how we will do it
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:42 Episode begins
- 1:04 Topic of the day and what study we are diving into
- 2:55 Our definition of a strong family
- 5:28 How the world defies strong connection
- 8:00 A practical to be more committed to your family
- 10:01 Positive communication
- 12:15 Creating enjoyable time together
- 14:07 Good, better and best time.
- 15:17 The importance of spiritual well-being
- 18:02 Managing your families stress and crisis
- 22:08 What we are working on as a family this week
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!