The Conversations You’re Not Having￼
If you are a parent or have been in any sort of long-term relationship, there is a good chance that you have experienced a fight or misunderstanding because the root of the issue wasn’t addressed sooner…
We have all been there! It can be hard to discern when is the best time to bring up a “touchy” topic that could lead to further conflict or hurt feelings if not handled correctly. How we approach these conversations can be the defining factor in the other party feeling loved or totally rejected.
Especially when these conversations are ones with your kids, it’s important to make sure you’re not coming from an angry or emotionally charged place. This of course is easier said than done and none of us are perfect! However, that doesn’t mean you can’t take practical steps to have more powerful conversations and healing conflict in your home.
Welcome to episode 102 of the Family Brand Podcast! What conversations are you avoiding having with your loved ones? Maybe you were hurt by something they did or didn’t do. Or, something they said or didn’t say. Unfortunately, unmet expectations and unintended pain happen more often than we would like it to.
That’s why we wanted to take a full episode to talk about this important topic. Hit play to hear our thoughts and advice on how to have hard conversations, how to stay calm even in the hardest situations, why it’s important to address things quickly and not wait, plus so much more!
This episode is short, but it’s pretty powerful and packed. As always, if you want to take your Family Brand to the next level, join our official course now: familybrand.com
More Of What’s Inside:
- Why timing is everything when it comes to communication
- How do you know when to address an issue vs. keep your mouth shut?
- The power of sharing feedback in an effective way
- Would rather address it or clean up a mess later?
- What Melissa has been learning and reading about
- How Chris has seen conversations go poorly
- Handling conflict with your kids
- Healthy conversations can transform your family culture
- And much more!
Links For This Episode:
Book-“How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie: https://amzn.to/3TZIlZe
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:42 Why we think this topic is so important
- 4:47 How to define what’s worth addressing
- 6:46 Learning from those older and wiser
- 11:00 No one wants to feel like their wrong
- 15:01 You are responsible for your response
- 16:24 The power of teaching your kids how to have healthy conflict
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!