Unlocking The Curiosity and Adventure In Your Family with Joey and Berit Coleman
Hey guys! Chris and Melissa here, one of our family values is “Smiths are adventurous” and it’s something that even our youngest has taken to heart. But it begs the question, what can we as parents do to foster that curiosity to explore the world?
In today’s episode, we talk with some amazing entrepreneurs and parents, Joey and Berit Coleman. We were so excited to talk with them because they have some great insight into how you can raise your kids to be inquisitive of the world around them. They talk about the pillar of learning within their family and how it has helped not only their children but everyone grows.
Join us as we discuss the upsides and downsides of technology, why we prefer real books over electronic ones, and how we’ve managed to instill a love of reading into our kids. As the saying goes “leaders are readers” and one of the best things you can do is to surround your kids with books. You’ll learn about the importance of reading and how libraries are one of the resources you should be taking advantage of. Joey and Berit talk about the benefits traveling has had on their kids and share their best tips and tricks to fly anywhere you want to go. We always say to lead by example, so go out and live a life of adventure, and invite your kids to come along.
This episode has inspired us to face our challenges head-on and start experiencing more of the world together. We hope it inspires you as well!
For more resources or to connect with us check out the links below!
More of What We Talk About:
More Of What’s Inside:
- The number one reason kids start reading
- Feeding the natural desire of being curious
- Taking advantage of traveling work
- Approaching school with experiential learning
- Leaning into your kid’s inquisitiveness
- The gift that libraries bring to our society
- Staying device-free as long as possible
- Leading by example with screentime
- Learning to connect even if you aren’t together
- The upside of technology
- How traveling helps build curiosity in kids
- Why you should never be ashamed to fly with kids
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What we cover today
- 0:42 – Introducing Joey and Berit Coleman
- 5:19 – Being entrepreneurial parents
- 9:51 – Creating a pillar of learning
- 14:20 – How the Colemans plan a trip
- 18:29 – Practical tips to foster curiosity
- 23:56 – Online books vs. real-life books
- 28:18 – Why our kids aren’t asking for phones
- 34:12 – Helping your family stay connected
- 38:38 – Creating rituals to strengthen your family
- 43:29 – Intentionally using the tools you have
- 48:56 – Tactics to fly easily with kids
- 53:20 – Inviting our children into our lives
- 1:00:07 – Putting in the reps
- 1:02:23 – Closing thoughts
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!