What Giving Birth Alone Taught Me About Loneliness
Hey Guys! Melissa here, recently I had a friend ask me the question “If you could tell any story what would you tell?” and I knew immediately what I wanted to talk about.
So, while my family is sleeping I thought I’d do a little solo episode. Today, I talk about a time when I was in every position to feel lonely, scared, and stressed and I was for a moment but that all turned around when I remembered a scripture that I still think of today.
You’ll hear the story of when I was pregnant with our youngest daughter, and being on my fifth pregnancy I was sure I knew when the baby was coming. Filled with this confidence I let Chris go on a work trip about two weeks before my due date and I’m sure you can guess where this is going. I want to say, there was a point where I was sure that I could not do it alone, and I know that is not a foreign feeling for most people. We all have had moments or times in our lives where we were scared of going it alone.
But I want you to know that you are not alone, the loneliness you feel can be taken and turned into empowerment and a peace that surpasses all understanding. For me, it was as simple as a scripture. For you, it may take more digging or it may be simple but all I have to say is that you are not alone and you can do this. I still think about that moment to this day, especially when I’m feeling lonely, but I believe that to overcome loneliness you must find it in God.
To connect with us or follow our journey check out the links below!
More of What We Talk About:
- The birth of our youngest daughter
- Why I thought I knew what I was doing
- The moment I realized I was going into labor
- Dealing with the possibility of giving birth alone
- A moment when I realized that I was not alone
- How delivery came fast and furious
- Why we named her Indie
- Chris’ reaction to Indie’s birth
- Why you should reach out to others for help
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:41 Welcome back! Here is what what to excited today
- 2:19 The story Melissa wants everyone to know
- 5:30 When Melissa went into labor
- 7:39 You can do all things
- 9:31 Melissa’s fastest birth ever
- 12:22 How Indy got her name
- 14:18 You are never alone
- 15:22 Reach out to someone
- 15:58 Do it with grace
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!