Winning At Business And At Home: Applying The Same Principles To Rock At Both with Guest Skye Fagrell
Over the past few years there have been a lot of conversations about work and life balance and how to achieve success in both. For most families, If you’re winning in business unfortunately that may mean the other important areas of your life like family and health can be suffering. On the other hand, you may be winning with your personal goals and relationships but the bottom line in your business is taking a hit.
We believe that raising a strong family requires us as parents to show up powerfully and consistently in all areas of your life. Do you agree? If so, you’re going to love this episode!
Hey guys, Melissa here! Welcome back to another episode of the Family Brand Podcast. Today I’m joined by family friend and best-selling author, Skye Fagrell! Join us as we talk about the winning business principles you can apply to strengthen your family and live life with intention in every area.
Listen in as Skye talks about the “aha!” moment that led to his bestseller “More Fit 4 The Kingdom” and the four fitness principles he uses in business, his family, and even his spirituality to win more in life. Whether your kids are young or off to college, you’ll learn practical tips on how to make sure your family is getting everything they need to feel supported and successful.
The power of these principles is deeper than just creating beneficial habits, though. Skye talks about how instilling these principles can help you measure and foster the intangible in your kids. Like how much they’ve grown in their spiritual walk or if they feel fulfilled and satisfied with life. Plus! You’ll get tips on how to get your whole family to collaborate, fun ways to make intentional family vacations without blowing your budget, and even real-life examples of how Skye uses these principles in his own family.
Of course, just like anything with parenting, this isn’t foolproof. You’ll need lots of patience, flexibility, and grace for yourself, but if you take it one step at a time, you’ll find that the benefits outweigh the cons.
I left this conversation with tons of ideas on how to upgrade our family and work-life! Was there a specific principle that resonated with you? We’d love to hear from you! You can follow us on Instagram @ourfamilybrand or check out the links below for more resources!
More Of What’s Inside:
- How Skye became a bestselling author
- Applying successful principles in unsuccessful areas
- How to get your family more engaged
- Tips to make a compelling family mission statement
- Creating memorable moments without breaking the bank
- How daily huddles can keep your family connected
- Learning to be flexible with your goals
- Reminding your kids, you got their back
- The importance of creating an intentional structure
- Why you don’t need to be perfect, just consistent
- And much more!
Connect with Skye:
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/skyefagrell/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/morefit4life/?hl=en
- Book: More Fit 4 The Kingdom
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:53 – Welcome to episode 73! Get to know our amazing guest
- 2:37 – Skye’s journey to success and what he learned along the way
- 5:49 – How to measure the immeasurable
- 8:03 – How Skye translated fitness principles to his family
- 12:49 – The #1 thing every family needs to succeed
- 18:55 – How to instill your family’s motto in your kids daily
- 25:02 – The process won’t be perfect, but that doesn’t mean stop!
- 29:25 – Helping your kids set personal goals
- 34:10 – Planning fun and intentional family events
- 42:40 – Skye’s advice every parent needs to hear
- 45:31 – Closing thoughts and recap
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcasts!
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!