123. We Belong and We Appreciate (What Makes A Strong Family – Part 2)
Hey everyone! Welcome back to the Family Brand Podcast, it’s Chris and Melissa here. We’re excited to be back and chatting with you today. Melissa’s been killing it on the podcast, we’ve got some amazing interviews coming up, and even a summer series in the works that we can’t wait to share with you all.
Today, we’re diving into two of the strengths of strong families that we’ve been discussing over the past few months. These strengths are based on the most comprehensive research ever done on what makes families strong, and we’re excited to share them with you all.
First up is the strength of belonging, which we both believe is at the heart and center of everything. Creating a culture of belonging in our homes is essential to everything else we do as a family, and we’ve seen firsthand the incredible impact it can have.
We recently heard a story about a family whose 14-year-old son felt like he didn’t have a voice in the family, and as a result, didn’t feel like he belonged. His parents were devastated to hear this, but instead of punishing him or trying to force him to change, they decided to love him unconditionally and accept him for who he was.
Over time, they noticed a significant change in their relationship with their son. He started talking to them more, hugging them, and opening up about his feelings. It just goes to show that when we help someone feel like they belong, it can work wonders for our relationships.
As parents, we need to ask ourselves what we can do to create more of a culture of belonging in our homes. It’s not just about having a mission statement or values, it’s about making sure everyone in our family feels loved and accepted unconditionally. If we can do that, we can raise children who know who they are, love who they are, and believe in themselves.
We hope this episode has given you some food for thought and some actionable steps you can take to create more belonging in your family. And don’t forget to check out our website for more resources on this topic and all of the strengths of strong families.
Thanks for listening, and we’ll catch you next time on the Family Brand Podcast!
Links for this episode:
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
NEW: What Culture are You Creating In Your Family?
- Take the Quiz Now! https://familybrand.com/quiz
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 1:01 What’s coming up on the Family Brand Podcast
- 1:47 What makes a Strong Family – Part 2
- 2:55 The research and idea behind belonging
- 4:23 Why we believe “belonging”
- 7:24 What a culture of belonging looks lile
- 9:16 Do all family members feel like they belong in your family?
- 16:01 How to grow in appreciation for others: Pick the flowers but leave the weeds
- 21:11 The power of the 10 second hug and showing affection
- 26:23 A beautiful review from our friend, Melissa
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!