Education and Ordering From The ‘Secret Menu’ of Life
Hey Guys! Chris and Melissa here again. We’re thinking about school next year and making our decisions about where, and what our kids will be learning and doing. One thing that is influencing our decision is a conversation I recently had with a new friend that has me thinking even bigger about what’s possible for our children’s education.
In this episode, we share the details of that conversation that quite honestly blew my mind, and why we think that sometimes the path the is laid out before us isn’t necessarily the one that’s the best fit.
We came to the realization that our education journey with our kiddoes probably looks different from many families out there. We’ve done homeschooling, charter schools, public schools, and even tried a micro-school in someone else’s home! Some things have worked out, some things not so much. That’s why we believe that schooling doesn’t have to be one size fits all.
We always let the kids think and choose which path they want to take every year, and it has been a game-changer for us. We’re always learning, adapting, and discussing what and where we want our kids to learn. That is why in today’s episode, we share about our journey so far with education and the role it plays in our kid’s lives.
Join us as we discuss what it looks like to have our children choose where they want to go each year and how it has impacted their learning. From cooking to lego building, we talk about the education that enriches our kid’s lives uniquely and how you can create the perfect environment for them to learn what they are interested in. You’ll learn about the “secret menu” and how education has more possibilities than you ever thought before, as well as stepping away from what you’re supposed to do and doing what you need to do.
We hope this is an eye-opening episode for you and that you finish with new hope and new possibilities when it comes to education!
More of What We Talk About:
- Taking back your kid’s education
- Moving away from Zoom
- Giving our kids a choice
- How we have approached homeschooling
- Tailoring kid’s education to them
- Freeing up your schedule by designing it
- The difference between school and education
- Nurturing and fostering their interests
- The resilience of kids
- Stepping away from the status quo
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 00:40 – Intro
- 1:30 – Schooling differently
- 4:42 – Our journey with education
- 7:54 – Learning how to homeschool
- 10:20 – Not sticking to one option
- 13:55 – The possibilities with education
- 16:00 – Ordering from the secret menu
- 19:02 – Doing what’s right for your family
- 21:14 – Our roles as parents
- 22:21 – Closing thoughts
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
Don’t Know where to start? Start here!
There are many ways you can take back your family, but one of the best ways to begin is to TAKE BACK YOUR FAMILY’S TIME.
A huge challenge facing families today is the overwhelm of so many things demanding our time and attention. This complete guide will help you discover and decide what is most important and meaningful to your family, and then start living that way!