Hey guys, Chris and Melissa here! With summer now just right around the corner, we like most families started dreaming about vacations and what we should do this year. That is why we are excited to share with you this week one of our favorite things to do as a family.
If you follow us on Instagram, you may already know the answer….it’s road trips!
Our love of road trips started a few years ago when Chris booked a speaking gig during the middle of spring break. Our solution at the time was to get the kids, rent an RV and drive from Phoenix to San Francisco! Honestly, at first it felt overwhelming and like a really bad idea, but it turned out to be an unforgettable experience. We loved it so much we have made it a goal to take a road trip every year.
We want to challenge you to do the same!
Today let’s talk about how taking road trips has brought a new sense of adventure for not only us but for our kids as well, and how some of our most meaningful conversations and experiences are talking about our dreams and goals with no distractions. We’ll also give some practical tips and tricks that we do to make it more exciting whether it’s an overnight trip or a couple of weeks, why we decided not to eat at any chain restaurants, and why the best plan is to not plan at all.
Getting out of cities and traveling through places with no cell reception, staying at camping grounds, and even taking back roads is something that only continues to grow our family connection deeper. So, we challenge you to go for a road trip this summer whether big or small and bring your family the spirit of adventure!
Are you going to take the challenge? Tag or DM us with your road trip stories. @OurFamilyBrand
More of What We Talk About:
- Our love for road trips and why we think road trips should come back
- Bringing back the sense of adventure
- How we started road tripping with our family
- Our time at Joshua tree
- How we keep things new and exciting even when driving the same trip
- Our practices and thought process to find new experiences
- Being flexible if the road trip doesn’t go exactly as planned
- Our recommendations for road trips
- The deeper connection we made as a family
- How to have an adventurous experience whether it’s overnight or a couple of weeks
- Why we won’t eat at chains while on a road trip
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:41 Welcome to today’s episode!
- 1:02 Let’s talk about Summer plans
- 2:28 the case for road trips
- 3:11 Melissa’s love-hate relationship with road trips
- 6:03 The best plan for any road trip
- 12:22 Chris and Melissa’s road trip rules
- 16:54 Tips on finding the best campgrounds
- 18:57 Stories from San Francisco
- 20:17 Stay off the beaten path
- 24:27 The restaurants you never forget eating at
- 27:17 Anybody can road trip
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
YOU REALLY CAN HAVE THE FAMILY OF YOUR DREAMS.
Join our community to discover how simple it is to create more love, joy and connection in your home with your family.