Family Values: What They Are, How To Create Them and Why They Work
Hey guys! Chris and Melissa here, if you’ve been listening for a while, you know we talk a lot about family values. Recently we’ve gotten some questions about what exactly are family values and do they even work? Well, we put them to the test and we think you’ll want to hear this!
In today’s episode, we talk about the definition of family values and how you can start to think and talk about them within your own family. We’re all about building your family’s brand, so that means taking the time to sit everyone in your family down and talking about what it means to be YOUR family. You’ll hear about the Smith family values and how we navigate them in the big and small moments, leading our kids to think about who they want to be and how they want to live their lives.
We take your questions seriously so for a whole day we paid extra attention to see if any of our family values were used at all. You’ll hear about real moments where we had a chance to remind our kids about the family values they chose to follow, and even moments they reminded us! We’ll answer questions like if family values actually change anything, how to figure out what your family values are, and how you can maintain family values without bringing shame on your kids.
Listen in as we talk about how you can implement a culture of challenging your children to grow while also giving them the deep support they need to thrive. You’ll learn how you can add these practices into your own family with no pressure and why we revisit our own values at least once a year.
We put it to the test and were happily surprised. Are you willing to do the same?
To connect with us or find more information about our course check out the links below!
More of What We Talk About:
- How we use our family values
- Deciding on family values together
- The importance of values on a daily basis
- What we believe family values are
- Sticking to our values without causing shame
- Why we say our values every morning
- Creating a culture of challenge and support
- A moment that we were able to remind each other of our values
- Why we revisit our values once a year
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:42 Welcome back!
- 1:01 Topic of the day: Our Family values
- 1:21 How to integrate family values in your day today
- 4:14 What makes a strong family
- 6:25 Let your kids in on the conversation
- 9:28 Family council and check-ins
- 11:05 Chris’ definition of family values
- 19:11 A practical example of using family values
- 21:14 Creating a culture of high challenge and support
- 23:02 Show up as leaders
- 26:50 Push past the awkwardness
- 28:35 What the Smith’s core values are
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
Don’t Know where to start? Start here!
There are many ways you can take back your family, but one of the best ways to begin is to TAKE BACK YOUR FAMILY’S TIME.
A huge challenge facing families today is the overwhelm of so many things demanding our time and attention. This complete guide will help you discover and decide what is most important and meaningful to your family, and then start living that way!