Welcome back! Melissa here, and I’m excited about this week’s episode! I am a little biased, but our guest today has to be one of my favorites. Before I introduce her, I want to set the stage a little more.
I think there are moments in every human’s life that can change everything on a dime. Most people traditionally associate these divine moments with things like having a baby, getting married, graduating from college, moving Cities, and so on. However, these life-changing moments don’t always revolve around a positive memory.
This month marks an interesting anniversary for my family. 25 years ago on Aug 24th, we were in a serious car accident where, among other injuries, my mom lost her left hand. In this episode, I got the opportunity to interview my mom in-depth about the experience. Hear first hand the lessons, wisdom, and spiritual insight she has gained since the accident.
If you have been listening to the podcast for a while, you know we’ve been talking recently on the podcast about sharing personal and family stories of overcoming with your children and how that can help build resilience. Chris and I immediately thought of my mom and her unique story. It’s a story of overcoming and resilience in the face of hard things. She’ll tell us how she learned to face the challenges of raising a young family with only one hand, and the mindset, perspective and gratitude that allowed her to face her challenges with peace, patience, and perspective.
I hope this episode leaves you motivated, inspired, and confident that you too CAN do hard things.
This is just one incredible story that helped make our family what it is today. We were so excited to be able to document my mom’s testimony so we can share it with the next generation. What stories can you share and preserve from your family? Take some time this week to write them out, record a voice memo, or call your relatives and start documenting your history.
More of What We Talk About:
- When everything changed for Melissa’s family
- Listening to that still small voice
- Allowing peace to guide you
- Letting gratitude in every area of life
- Kindness in medical care and why it matters
- Being brave in the face of chaos
- The power of community and coming together
- Raising kids with one hand
- Keeping your peace of mind no matter what
- Heavenly assistance
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 – What to expect today
- 1:11 – Conversation starts
- 1:32 – Celebrating an unusual anniversary
- 3:39 – Life before the accident
- 7:30 – Gratitude and peace in the midst of chaos
- 9:13 – Melissa’s and Amy’s injury
- 15:50 – The power of community
- 16:50 – When the family first heard the news
- 20:38 – The impact of positive health care
- 22:21 – Life after the accident
- 25:43 – Keeping an eternal perspective
- 27:45 – Learning to play the piano again
- 33:09 – Understanding you are never alone
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
YOU REALLY CAN HAVE THE FAMILY OF YOUR DREAMS.
Join our community to discover how simple it is to create more love, joy and connection in your home with your family.