Hey guys! Chris and Melissa here, Recently with the crisis in Afghanistan we, like many of you, have been wondering “what can we do?” And “how do we talk to our kids about this?”
If you’ve been listening to us for a while you’ve heard us say that strong families make strong individuals, and strong individuals have the opportunity to create a huge impact in the world around them. With that thought in mind, we believe that one of the most powerful things you can do for the world is to build and strengthen your family.
In today’s episode we talk about what we have been sharing with our kids, and how we are choosing to make an impact and a difference in this situation. You’ll hear about a recent moment where Chris had the opportunity to help our kids understand that the world is bigger than the one they can see with their own eyes, and how we approached them with the recent crisis to not instill fear but to inspire them.
Join us as we discuss what you can do for Afghanistan now, and how you can address these issues with your family. To donate or find the resources we talked about, you can visit the links below!
This episode was recorded prior to the ISIS bombings at the Kabul aport and other recent developments. Continued thoughts and prayers to all families affected both here and abroad.
More of What We Talk About:
- Communicating world events to your kids
- How you can impact the world
- The power we have to spread good
- Real-life stories from the point of view of a refugee
- Gaining perspective as Americans
- Being the good in the world
- Creating opportunities for everyone
- Teaching your kids empathy and awareness
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:42 – What we cover today
- 1:30 – Our desire to help
- 5:29 – A conversation that impacted our kids
- 10:03 – Why you shouldn’t stop trying
- 12:54 – How you can help in the Afghanistan crisis
- 14:51 – Closing thoughts and advice
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
YOU REALLY CAN HAVE THE FAMILY OF YOUR DREAMS.
Join our community to discover how simple it is to create more love, joy and connection in your home with your family.