Hey guys! Chris and Melissa here, if you listened to our last episode you heard us touch on the importance of leadership and the opportunity we have to teach our kids what good leadership looks like. But what does that actually mean? What does leadership mean to your family?
Today we break down what it means to be a leader and how we approached our kids about the impact good leadership can have in this world. We discuss some of the main leadership principles that we want to instill in our children, and why teaching this is important not just for the world but within our own community. Even if our children are never on a world stage, there is a need for people who know how to lead. Whether that’s in homes, in schools, in communities, or in the workforce -leadership is important.
Listen in as we talk about defining the principles of a leader with our family and how we as parents can set a good example for our kids. We talk about why it’s important to distinguish a good leader from a bad one and how doing this can allow our kids to make the best choice when it comes to choosing who to follow. Every future leader starts as a child somewhere. The power that we have to teach and raise up these future leaders is immense.
So let’s raise powerful leaders and help create a world that is changed because of it. For more resources or to follow us on Instagram check out the links below!
More of What We Talk About:
- Understanding what leadership means to your family
- The opportunity to show what leadership isn’t
- Setting a good example of leadership
- What our family defined leadership as
- Bringing support and challenge as a leader
- What we learned from our kids in this discussion
- Being committed to truth rather than self-image
- The challenges of being a leader
- Teaching our kids to spot good leadership
- The need for leaders in the world
- When you should follow instead of lead
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:41 – What to expect today
- 4:33 – How we discussed leadership with our kids
- 8:58 – Some of our biggest takeaways on leadership
- 13:28 – The adaptability of a leader
- 16:53 – Being a pathfinder with your family
- 20:09 – Closing thoughts and advice
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
YOU REALLY CAN HAVE THE FAMILY OF YOUR DREAMS.
Join our community to discover how simple it is to create more love, joy and connection in your home with your family.