Picking the Flowers, Not the Weeds
Hey Guys! Chris and Melissa here; we will admit we are not immune to the sharp criticism that comes with kids being messy, loud, or late. Criticizing feels terrible for all parties, but what if we could correct AND encourage them?
Today we talk about the powerful concept of “And,” a way to correct your children without breaking their spirit. There will always be moments of stress in life, so finding the way to respond to our children as they learn to navigate life is crucial to us. From talking too much, to leaving messes, to being brave enough to ask a flight attendant for help, we discuss some real examples where “and” worked for us or would have been a better approach.
Listen in as we talk about some tips on how to respond without hurting your kids and how focusing on the positive can change not only your conversations but your mind when it comes to family. That habit your child has may be a strength that carries them to success later in life. We are committed to fostering growth, and we encourage you to start practicing the power of “and” within your own family.
For more resources or to follow us on social media, check out the links below!
More of What We Talk About:
- Responding powerfully to your children
- The power of “and”
- Real examples of how using “and” has worked for us
- Feeding the good habits within your children
- Focusing on the positive traits instead of the negative
- Actively looking for opportunities to build your family up
- Intentionality vs. Reaction
- Acknowledging the strengths within your kids
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:43 Welcome back!
- 1:48 Today’s topic – couples getaways
- 6:00 This is so important
- 7:35 A strong marriage is the center of your family
- 8:47 Facing things head-on
- 10:58 The How – find a way
- 17:05 Dreaming as a couple
- 20:19 Strategizing on how to love your kids well
- 21:21 Get a couples trip on the calendar
- 24:00 A few ideas for your trip
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
Don’t Know where to start? Start here!
There are many ways you can take back your family, but one of the best ways to begin is to TAKE BACK YOUR FAMILY’S TIME.
A huge challenge facing families today is the overwhelm of so many things demanding our time and attention. This complete guide will help you discover and decide what is most important and meaningful to your family, and then start living that way!