How To Plan and Execute The Perfect Couple’s Trip (Even if you’re busy)
Hey guys, Chris and Melissa here! We hear from busy parents all the time who have never been away from their kids overnight in nearly a decade or more. If you can relate, we’re here to advocate for your much-needed couple’s get-away!
In today’s episode, we talk about not only why you should take a couple’s trip but how you can take one with little to no stress for you. Investing in your relationship is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your family, which is why we try to take a couple’s trip every quarter. We talk about how we plan our trips and how flexible they can be; whether it’s a day trip for hiking and a picnic or a weekend road trip to visit a nearby city, we always set it on our calendar and commit to it.
Listen in as we talk about the first thing you need to address before going on a couple’s trip and how setting intention will help with honest communication and expectations. We go over every issue that you may cross when planning a trip together, from cost to childcare and even ideas for starting a conversation that may be hard. We discuss the importance of dreaming together as a couple and fostering a relationship that looks to the future with hope not only as a family but together as well. We talk about our most memorable trips and how we made the most of the resources we had to make sure we never had to cancel.
We encourage and challenge you to take part in your own couple’s trip as soon as possible. The reward is worth it!
For more resources or to follow us on social media, check out the links below!
More of What We Talk About:
- Why we try to have a couple’s trip every quarter
- The first thing you need to address to take a trip
- Intentionally investing in your relationship to create a strong marriage
- Being open to having hard conversations while away
- How to keep your trip under budget
- Setting and committing to your plans
- Practical tips for childcare that may end up saving you money
- The importance of dreaming together as a couple
- Ideas for conversations that will bring you closer together
- Some of our most memorable trips together
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:43 Welcome back!
- 1:48 Today’s topic – couples getaways
- 6:00 This is so important
- 7:35 A strong marriage is the center of your family
- 8:47 Facing things head-on
- 10:58 The How – find a way
- 17:05 Dreaming as a couple
- 20:19 Strategizing on how to love your kids well
- 21:21 Get a couples trip on the calendar
- 24:00 A few ideas for your trip
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!