Raising Confident and Unstoppable Daughters with guests Hillary Whalen and Kristen Arnett
Hey guys, Melissa here this week!
Did you know that at the age of 9 your daughter has already reached the peak of her confidence? Research shows that from the ages 7-14 years old your daughter’s confidence naturally drops 30% of what it was. When our daughter Ivy turned 9 I knew I had to figure out how to preserve her excitement and confidence in life for as long as possible.
We have two special guests on the show today Kristen Arnett and Hillary Whalen who are a part of Meant To Be Me a company. They are dedicated to helping parents intentionally empower their daughters with confidence. They provide classes that equip girls from 3rd-6th grade with tools that instill confidence and grow their self-esteem in real life experiences. You’ll hear from both Kristen and Hillary about how Meant To Be Me started, some of the tools they provide for classes, and how you can help boost your child’s confidence right from home.
Kristen and Hillary give some great insight into how you can spot the signs that your daughter may need more support, areas that need to be addressed as your daughter grows, empowering them to fight negative thinking and how modeling self-love is one of the most important things you can do.
Listen in as they talk about how Meant To Be Me has helped their own daughters and the one thing they love to see happen within a girl who was struggling with self-esteem. I hope this conversation is as encouraging to you as it was to me, I believe that we can empower our daughters and support our children to be confident in all that they do!
For more information about Meant To Be Me or to get in touch check out the links below. Also, if you know another powerful parent who is raising daughters we invite you to share this episode with them today!
More of What We Talk About:
- How Meant To Be Me got started
- The age range that girls confidence starts to drop
- Signs your daughter’s confidence is dropping
- 7 different topics Meant To Be Me uses to raise girls’ confidence
- What happens when you teach girls to fight negative thoughts
- A time where Kristen and Hillary saw the effect of Meant To Be
- The power of letting your kids sit in their feelings
- How you can boost your child’s confidence at home
- Being transparent with your child when you have emotion
- And much more!
- Website: Meant To Be Me
- Instagram: Meant To Be Me
- Book: Confidence Code
- Book: Your Child’s Self-Esteem
- Dove Self-Esteem Resources
- Jody Moore Coaching
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 What to expect today
- 1:38 Meet Hillary and Kristen
- 2:20 How Meant To Be Me was founded
- 5:27 The age range Hillary and Kristen specialize with
- 7:12 Fight off comparisons with purpose
- 7:44 Insecurity red flags to be looking for
- 11:12 The 7 pillars of Meant To Be Me
- 14:42 What age insecurely starts to set in
- 16:47 Favorite experiences through this process
- 19:23 The power of not trying to make things ‘better’ for your children
- 21:00 How to help your daughters build self-worth and confidence
- 25:33 Recourses every parent needs
- 28:04 Final advice and tips for parents
Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START? START HERE!
There are many ways you can take back your family, but one of the best ways to begin is to TAKE BACK YOUR FAMILY’S TIME.
A huge challenge facing families today is the overwhelm of so many things demanding our time and attention. This complete guide will help you discover and decide what is most important and meaningful to your family, and then start living that way!