Taking an Interest in Your Kids’ Interests (Family Culture Game-Changer)
Do you know what your kids are interested in? Maybe a better question would be, can you have an informed conversation with your kids about their interests? If the answer is no, we have a challenge for you!
Welcome back to another episode of the Family Brand Podcast! Today we wanted to talk about taking an interest in what your kids are interested in. This is a powerful and practical thing any parent can do to create a family culture where every kid feels seen and ultimately feels “belonging.” The best part? You’re just one question away from making this happen!
It can be easy to pick up on things like what your kids are interested in when they are young and cry out for their favorite stuffed animal or tv show. Listen in to hear our tips on how you can remain “curious” about your kid’s interests and how to ask questions that allow you into their world.
Interest can be anything from books, sports, hobbies, songs, telling jokes, their friend group, or anything in-between. When you start to be more intentional about paying attention, you’ll start to notice where their interests are quick! After you have identified them, that’s when you can really create some magic!
You’ll also hear how to start engaging with them around their interest and how you can not just use their interest to create more connection between you, but how you can motivate your kid to “lean in” to their interest even more and spark their God-given passion for things.
By the end of the show, you’ll know the exact steps to take and how you can start applying these tips today. If you start to take more interest in your kids’ interests this week, we would love to hear how it goes and cheer you on! Follow us and reach out on Instagram @ourfamilybrand. Links and more free resources are below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- Your kids leave clues to their destiny
- How to unlock better conversations with your kids
- How to start showing more interest without being annoying
- Fun ways to bring out your kid’s passions
- How your actions can help your kids feel seen
- Nurturing your kid’s interest
- Learn a new skill as a family
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:53 Huge shout out to this listener
- 2:00 Let’s talk about showing interest in your kid’s interest
- 3:55 Chris’ story of how showing interest can be so impactful
- 7:25 Remember to remain curious about your kid’s life
- 9:24 What creates a sense of belonging
- 11:37 Host a “toastmasters” style night with your family
- 15:25 How to practically start showing more interest this week
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcasts!
Don’t Know where to start? Start here!
There are many ways you can take back your family, but one of the best ways to begin is to TAKE BACK YOUR FAMILY’S TIME.
A huge challenge facing families today is the overwhelm of so many things demanding our time and attention. This complete guide will help you discover and decide what is most important and meaningful to your family, and then start living that way!