What Makes A ‘Good’ Parent? From A Kids Perspective
Hey guys! Chris and Melissa here with another Family Brand Podcast. Recently, Chris asked a question at our dinner table that would make any parent pause to hear the answer. “What makes a good dad?” after some clarifying and thinking it all came down to this: Time.
This may come as a surprise to you (or it may not) but the biggest factor in what our children want from us is just to spend time with them. That’s always easier said than done with jobs, responsibilities, and all the little things that make up our lives always competing for our attention, especially when all that we do is usually for our family.
Join us as we discuss what making time for our family looks like and the areas we are thinking about improving on. We talk about the portrayal of families in the media and how success and money aren’t always a recipe for a strong family. In fact, we’ve noticed that not keeping a healthy balance can actually tear some families apart. Listen in as we share our thoughts on finding your fulfillment in both your work and family life, as well as remembering your motivations, and even what you can do if you actually need less time with your kids.
Balancing growth and family is not an easy thing to do but we’ve found that bringing our kids into the conversation has helped us know where we stand. We encourage you to have the same conversation with your kids, it may change how you do life!
For more resources or to connect with us on Instagram, check out the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- What makes a good parent?
- Our kid’s definition
- Why spending time is the best thing you can do
- Why money isn’t necessarily a factor in good parenting
- Staying intentional with your family
- Why media is not a good reference for happy families
- Putting food on the table and what you need
- What is this all for?
- Doing things that are important to your kids
- Stop comparing yourself to other families
- And Much More!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 – What we cover today!
- 0:53 – The question that inspired today
- 3:39 – Why the most important thing is time
- 8:12 – The struggle of balancing success and family
- 10:00 – Knowing when to step back from work
- 14:05 – To those with little time
- 17:12 – Remembering your motivation
- 20:15 – What will your children remember?
- 22:24 – Finding your “me” time
- 23:24 – Closing thoughts
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcasts!
Don’t Know where to start? Start here!
There are many ways you can take back your family, but one of the best ways to begin is to TAKE BACK YOUR FAMILY’S TIME.
A huge challenge facing families today is the overwhelm of so many things demanding our time and attention. This complete guide will help you discover and decide what is most important and meaningful to your family, and then start living that way!