A Tradition How-To: Connect With Your Family With These Simple Steps
Hey Guys! Chris and Melissa here. With the holiday season in full swing, we thought it would be a great idea to let you know about an opportunity that you don’t want to miss. This time of year is famous for all sorts of traditions, from perfecting your pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving to snuggling up with the family and watching your favorite Christmas movie, we are surrounded by new and old traditions alike. Sometimes, we have a tradition that’s so old we don’t even know why we do it.
Have you thought about your traditions lately? Do you know the purpose they serve?
It’s no secret that here at family brand our biggest value is creating a culture of belonging and identity within your family to raise your kids with purpose. We believe that tradition is one of the best ways to create that culture today. If you want to strengthen your family, connect with them on a new level, and instill a certainty and confidence in your kids that will never go away even years down the road. This episode is for you!
Listen in as we talk about the power of tradition and how it is all around us, even if it’s not the holidays. Something as simple as a weekly meal has the power to create lasting connections and understanding between your family. We talk about how we began reviewing our own traditions, our favorite traditions now, and how learning to let go of the ones that didn’t serve us only opened the door for new ones that did.
You’ll get practical questions to differentiate the traditions that strengthen your family and the ones that would be better left alone. Remember you can’t get these answers wrong! It all comes down to what serves your family best, so don’t be afraid to bring the whole family in on the conversation. You may be surprised at what your kids actually like.
We hope this episode encourages you to take a look at your own traditions and to start creating ones that will bring love, joy, and confidence to your family every holiday season. To see the resources we mentioned in the episode, check out the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- The importance of tradition
- Practical tools to reflect on traditions in your family
- Creating traditions that serve your family
- How we stumbled upon some of our new traditions
- Finding the deeper meaning of tradition
- Instilling confidence in your kid’s life
- Getting rid of traditions that don’t help you
- Choosing traditions that connect your family
- Separating your own family’s traditions from others
- Prioritizing traditions with your whole family
- The traditions we look forward to every year
- Taking the chance to bless others with traditions
- Spreading joy during the holidays
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 – What we cover today!
- 0:42 – Our commitment to your family
- 1:29 – The power of traditions
- 2:36 – Establishing intentional traditions
- 4:07 – Learning from the holidays
- 5:14 – Traditions that hide in plain sight
- 6:30 – How you can strengthen your family
- 7:05 – Why we started reviewing our traditions
- 8:09 – The questions to ask when reviewing traditions
- 10:18 – Our favorite traditions!
- 13:37 – Traditions that help our kids serve others
- 15:20 – The traditions that make us
- 17:53 – Closing thoughts
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START? START HERE!
There are many ways you can take back your family, but one of the best ways to begin is to TAKE BACK YOUR FAMILY’S TIME.
A huge challenge facing families today is the overwhelm of so many things demanding our time and attention. This complete guide will help you discover and decide what is most important and meaningful to your family, and then start living that way!