Designing a Life You Love: The Exact Steps To Start
What do you really want in life?
You may be like, woah Chris and Melissa…that’s a heavy way to start a conversation? You may be right, but it’s an important question to ask yourself. If you remember the movie Alice in Wonderland, there’s a scene that sums up the importance of this question perfectly. The scene opens, and Alice stumbles upon the Cheshire Cat sitting at a fork in the road. Alice says, “what road do I take?” And the Cat asks, “well, where do you want to go?” Alice responds with a confused “I don’t know…” So the cat ends the conversation with something simple yet profound.
“Then it doesn’t really matter.”
The truth is, if you don’t know where you want to go and what you want to do with your life, you will end up anywhere and somehow nowhere at the same time. Running in circles but never really making progress. Sound familiar? We have been there too!
Welcome back to another episode of the Family Brand Podcast! Recently, we were listening to a recording by Jordan Peterson (link below) where he talks about how to stop wasting your time. The conversation is really powerful because he shares how most people don’t get what they want in life because they never decide what it is they do want. That’s why we asked you that question at the beginning of the show notes. The sooner you get clear on that question, the better! Your life is too valuable to waste another second in the grey areas.
Dreaming big and designing a life you love doesn’t have to be overwhelming or full of shame. In this episode, we are going to share our favorite wisdom and lessons we have personally learned around this topic, along with what we have learned from a few mentors. By the end of this show, you will have the exact steps you can take to start improving every area of your life. You’ll also hear how we used these mindset shifts and practical steps to start rebuilding our own life and marriage.
More Of What’s Inside:
- How to get what you want out of life
- Lessons from Jordan Peterson
- Why fun is a key ingredient in success
- The importance of clarity
- How to keep going even when it gets tough
- And much more!
- Jordan Peterson Motivational Speech: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7jnmuFaDEJ3cAGLGkIqkt8?si=NWM87ZSMTHafjaF3-6kdZw
- Book: Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:54 Why most people never get what they want
- 3:47 A lot of what you want may be right in front of you
- 6:07 What does a great life look like for you?
- 6:45 Do you feel like you’re winning at life?
- 10:41 What it takes to see real change
- 13:45 How to set realistic goals
- 17:00 Take action, schedule in your fun!
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcasts!
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!