How to Be the Home that All Your Kids’ Friends Want to Be In with Guests Harmony and Collin Bryce
Growing up did you ever hang out at the “cool house”? Maybe it had the newest games, or a pool to swim in, or maybe you just felt like you could be more yourself. How can we as parents foster that fun, safe space, and memorable place for our kids. (And all their friends too!)
Melissa here for another Family Brand podcast! Today on the show I welcome Collin and Harmony Bryce. We’ve known Collin and Harmony for a while now, we first met back when we all lived in the same neighborhood after Chris and I first got married. Recently, they’ve been telling us about this thing they call the “game night culture”. The more I heard about it the more I knew we had to share it on the podcast!
Join us as Collin and Harmony talk about how you can become the house that all your kids and their friends want to be at. Don’t worry about the details, we’ve got you covered. You don’t need endless amounts of food, a big house, or even a yard to create intentional fun. The Bryces have the playbook on how to have the best game night ever. Hit play to hear their best tips and tricks for things like planning for big groups, game ideas for different ages, how to use these nights to develop life skills along the way, and more.
You’ll love how their approach to game night isn’t all “fun and games”. During our conversation, Collin and Harmony open up about how taking the time to learn these skills as parents has led to their kids having more genuine connections and the ability to create real childhood memories that will last a lifetime. In the year 2022, these may be some of the best gifts we could give our children.
I left this episode with tons of ideas and notes of how to spend our next Smith game night
If these tips help you as well, we’d love to hear how your game night goes! You can reach us @ourfamilybrand on Instagram! Or if you’d like to connect with Harmony and Collin, check out the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- The importance of making genuine connections
- Learning how to have fun again
- Why your game night doesn’t need to last hours
- The solution to getting kids off their phones
- When to transition to a new game
- How to have the perfect amount of snacks
- The power of your kitchen table
- How to support your kid’s strengths
- Making memories that last years
- Being able to bless others
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGu-7odB6gkPbyXpUIQLkrg
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 – What we cover today!
- 1:17 – Welcome Collin and Harmony Bryce
- 2:54 – The purpose of game nights
- 7:07 – Using the resources you have on hand
- 9:00 – Creating a space where kids belong
- 14:40 – Commitment, timing, and who to invite
- 20:08 – The BEST games for your game night
- 25:01 – How to keep everyone involved
- 28:18 – Pulling the best out of your kids
- 32:12 – The one thing you need before people leave
- 34:19 – Details you don’t want to miss
- 38:47 – How your kids can form diverse friendships
- 43:42 – Where to connect with the Bryces
- 45:14 – Closing thoughts
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcasts!
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!