Lessons From The North Shore: Living The Aloha Spirit
Hey guys! Chris and Melissa here, as we approach living in Hawaii for nearly a year, it has been fun for us to explore and reminisce on all the things that living here has taught us! These lessons are something we hope to cherish and carry with us for the rest of our lives.
Living the Aloha spirit is one of those lessons.
You may have heard the term before, it’s what people on the island call the “aloha state”. But it wasn’t until we moved here that we really understood what it means to live “aloha”. For Hawaiians, aloha is more than just a greeting, it’s a concept, a celebration of life, a way to give and receive love and affection with your whole community. We’ve learned that it doesn’t need to be a holiday or even a big occasion to celebrate others with intention.
In today’s world, we could all use a little more “aloha”. Join us as we share real-life stories and examples from this past year of what living ‘the aloha spirit’ has meant for us, and how it’s changed how we do life, forever. Every ball game, birthday, or even just an ordinary dinner is an opportunity to share warmth, friendliness, and affection with those around us.
We hope this episode encourages you to take a look and see where you can inject a little more “aloha spirit” into your life. For more resources or to connect with us, check out the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- Taking the lessons we’ve learned with us
- What the “Aloha spirit” means
- Practicing love and affection
- How you can show more aloha spirit anywhere
- Why every occasion is worth celebrating
- Creating a community that celebrates each other
- Sharing a meal to show affection
- Loving others with genuine appreciation
- Making a difference one act at a time
- The easiest way to show love and affection
- And much more!
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FamilyBrandOfficial
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ourfamilybrand
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OurFamilyBrand
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 – What we cover today!
- 0:42 – Lessons we want to keep
- 1:24 – The Aloha spirit
- 4:39 – How after game snacks blew us away
- 6:42 – Focusing on what’s important
- 7:55 – The impact of a generous community
- 10:19 – Our hope for you
- 10:46 – Challenging your own reasons for celebrating
- 11:14 – Going beyond serving others
- 11:37 – Closing thoughts
Follow or Subscribe now wherever you listen to podcast!
JOIN OUR FAMILY BRAND NEWSLETTER!
Join our Family Brand newsletter to discover monthly inspiration on how you can level up your family culture, and become a better parent, a better spouse, and build a stronger family.
More peace, connection, and fulfillment at home might be just one email away!